Thursday, December 6, 2018

The Guardians: Kayak Fishing


Moby Dick, the classic tale of Captain Ahab's quest for an illusive whale is the theme for this blog. Every fisherman has regaled of the cunning giant that got away. A recent event brings the yarn of  "The Guardians", Two largemouth bass that I estimate about 15 lbs each. My son and I paddled into some uncharted territory a month ago and on the first cast Tanner (my son) locked into a fight that proceeded to drag his kayak around the lake. I was trying to video the catch and I got a good look at this leviathan as he swam next to me as if to mock. Following him was his twin brother. Then I noticed he was heading for a submerged branch. I knew what was next. I had been there before and with a snap of the line it was over. 

So yesterday I was flirting with a line in that approximate area. and I sent him this picture:


Not one of the Guardians but a beautiful white bass specimen. He immediately responded with, "are you working on Friday?" I know what he is thinking. He has "Ahab Syndrome". 

Close by where this White bass was caught is a deep canal that leads to a larger body of water. In the canal is where "The Guardians" reside. It is tough to get to. Nothing gets in or out of that body of water without passing by "The Guardians".  Hense, they are named. And the legend lives on.

I think I know where we are going tomorrow.

The next day:




However we did catch one bandit:


Caught April 2020

Catch and kill (click)

16 fish that morning. Mostly white bass. They don't seem to mind the 27 degree weather.

Billions and billions of rivers (click)

No comments:

Post a Comment