Thursday, August 30, 2018

Kayaking: Spanish Oaks Reservoir







Some of my personal yield from my garden that is fed by the Spanish Oaks Reservoir.




Before all this pristine water is magically turned into beautiful lawns and salsa gardens in the city of Spanish Fork it is stored up into a nice little recreation ensemble. It has taken a while for the popularity of this treasure to grow. I still remember some lonesome triathlon training in this giant swimming pool of exhilarating cold water. I thought for sure that The city of Spanish Fork built this just for me. Even then I knew it wouldn't last. The package now includes: Fishing, camping, Mountain Biking, swimming, shooting (long time), beautiful sunsets and small watercraft recreation (kayaking). There is also a pavilion and a children's playground just above the reservoir. It will not be long now before it becomes a fee area much like the Springville reservoir in the neighboring town. 

For now it is a great place to practice your kayak rolls and other kayak skills. I have not tried it but with some floating goals it looks ideal for kayak water polo. Hmmm! who is interested?

With a few dry bags and a couple anchors we created some buoys for some relay races:




How about Hawaiian style:




The lesser known Spanish Fork Mountain Bike Trail:


Fishing:









No comments:

Post a Comment